The above links will take you to some of my favorite websites - enjoy them.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Extreme Couponing

Day 18 of 365

So, there is all this craze about couponing lately, and for quite some time now I have been using coupons to help save us some money. But not to this extent, I had no clue that there was such a thing as Extreme Couponing. I have been doing some research and it looks to be quite the way to make a little stock pile of things that you use and save TONS of money doing so.

So, I clipped my usual coupons from the newspaper insert, printed some online coupons and paired them up with some in store sales that were currently running and took off to the store to see how this 'Extreme Couponing' really worked. And I loved it, it was a rush, and it felt like Black Friday all over again! I didn't purchase anything that my family would not use, and didn't go overboard on anything either. The cereal, you may think that's a lot, but where there is 5 of use eating cereal 7 days a week... we go through a lot of cereal!

Total out of pocket on the first purchase was $16.47


Total out of pocket for the second purchase was $59.50 plus 9.50 register rewards at Walgreens to use on my next purchase.


I am loving this and I am sure there will be plenty more fun purchases to help create a stock pile in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment