The above links will take you to some of my favorite websites - enjoy them.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Me do it."

Day 10 of 365

POP! As we open up the biscuit roll my son giggles. He loves helping open those up. It is the pop that he loves to hear. As the gooey biscuits inside ooze out. The oven is turned on and we are all set to make our lunch. He wanted to get to the barn to see his daddy, as they were dehorning calves this morning, but as soon as he saw I was going to get lunch ready he wanted to stay. Which tickled me pink, because he never wants to stay by his mommy. He is surely a daddy's boy, through and through. But he stayed, and helped me prepare lunch. Pigs in a Blanket. That's what we call them.

As I rolled out the first biscuit I tried to think of something for him to do to help out. As he said "Me help mom? Me do it??" So I reached down into the drawer and pulled out a butter knife, so that he could cut them apart after I had them wrapped up. And this made him content. He surely wanted to do that, and help me out. Love that boy!

As the oven beeped and warned us that it was ready to go, we filled up the baking sheets. And we talked about dinosaurs, tractors and cows. As much as a 3 year old knows how to talk about them. And he was so happy to be helping me. Soon "Me do it??" turned into "Me do it!" And a smile appeared across his face. Because he was helping mom.

I think this project is going to help me get used to using the timer on my camera. In order to get shots of my little man and I baking together, I set the timer. As well as last nights game night.









No comments:

Post a Comment