The above links will take you to some of my favorite websites - enjoy them.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Family Game Night

Day 9 of 365

The games were piled up on the counter, as Lailah and I sat and played a game of Skip-bo as we waited for Daddy and the other two kids to come in from the barn. I can't say who won the game of Skip-bo because it went on for quite a long time, and we didn't finish completely. I am not even sure we were playing it right. But it was fun, a little game between mother and daughter.

One of my resolutions this year is to spend more time with family. So I am incorporating a family game night. Every Friday night we will sit and play one or two games before the monkeys have to head off to bed. And I hope to continue this throughout the whole year. And then some. Because they grow up too fast and time spent with them is something they are going to remember forever. And hopefully incorporate that into their families someday.

We played a game of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. In which you must go around the board in collect food for all the stages of metamorphosis. The caterpillar first stops at a fruit patch and must collect 5 pieces of fruit before moving on. After the fruit stage, he invades a picnic and must collect 4 pieces of picnic food... I have never seen a caterpillar eat cake.. but apparently they do, according to Eric Carle. :) Then you move onto the stage where the caterpillar eats a leaf and turns into a cocoon. And you must spin a moon in order to move on from there and turn into a very beautiful butterfly. Mom won.... and I didn't cheat. The kids had a blast and after that they decided it was time for bed. In which I was glad because it was well past their bedtime. Maybe next week we will get in more than one game.








No comments:

Post a Comment