The above links will take you to some of my favorite websites - enjoy them.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Zumba Class

Day 14 of 365

I pack my shoes, water bottle and Ipod into my daughters gymnastic bag. I am excited for tonight, to continue on my mission of losing weight. I started a weight loss blog and found it to be one more thing to add to my day, and one more thing to write and journal about. I decided that I had enough of that, so I would share it here. And it can get tucked away in my little corner of cyber space, for all to read, if they stumble upon it. Tonight I went to Zumba class, with my good friend Amanda. Let me tell you, it is a BLAST. What is it you may ask? Well, I am glad you did!

Zumba is a Latin dance, almost like a choreographed dance, but it is also a cardio workout. It is so fun to learn the moves, and you can really feel it working your muscles too. I have two left feet when it comes to dancing, really I do, but I love to do it. And the teacher, a friend of Amanda's, Jen, is awesome at what she does, and she can really work it! Especially the cowbell..... I am loving Zumba class and have also started to use the Cashton high school cardio room to work out before and after Zumba. Amanda and I do cardio before Zumba, zumba for an hour and come back to the cardio room and lift weights. 10 reps per machine, 3 times around the room. I am trying to get into shape, one of my goals for the year is to fit into my "skinny jeans". And I am also wanting to run a 5k in April, with my Aunt Val. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment