The above links will take you to some of my favorite websites - enjoy them.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Clothes

Day 21 of 365

It's something not everyone gets to enjoy. Something everyone doesn't get to experience. Something that takes forever to get you out the door during the winter months and something that my kids need quite a bit of help doing.

Getting on their winter clothes.

But there comes a time when they grow independant, and they want to do it all on their own. There comes a time when my help is no longer needed. No matter how long it takes them to do it, they do not want any help at all. Vanessa is now into that stage, and it makes me sad at how fast they grow, and how independent they become. And how she no longer wants my help getting her ready. I still try to help Lailah get dressed, because I want to cherish all these moments and I don't ever want them to grow up... but they remind me that they are big kids now and that they can do it all on their own.

Vanessa has been learning to button and zip at school, and I really wish she wouldn't have caught on. Deep down I wish my babies would be reliant on me, and ask for more help. As Vanessa got ready for school today I went to go help her zip up her snow pants and she brushed me away and said she was a big girl and could do it on her own. It broke my heart to hear that she is a 'big girl', but I told her to let me get the camera and let me get some pictures of her being a big girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment